Welcome to CHAPTER 6 in our Prep School Party mini-series: “How to Host an Ombré First Birthday Party.”
One of the first things I considered when choosing a theme for our Little Lady’s first birthday party was the food I would serve, particularly the adult beverages.
Rule 1 of a Successful Event:
Have good food and drinks.
When I realized I could make Champagne Sunrise cocktails, the deliberation process came to a quick finish and the theme was final. The second best part of serving these cocktails at an event (after drinking them) is how incredibly EASY they are to make!
(1) bottle (32 oz) of Orange Pineapple Juice*
(1) bottle (750 mL) of Champagne
(1) container of maraschino cherries in juice
Open your orange juice, champagne, and maraschino cherries containers. Pour champagne halfway up the champagne glasses. Follow with orange juice. Using a teaspoon, drop 1 cherry with juice into each champagne glass. As the cherry and juice sinks to the bottom, it will mix with the juice and create the ombre layered effect. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Prep-ahead & Shopping Tips
- DO: Chill your liquids ahead of time so you don’t dilute them with ice.
- DO: Mix the orange juice and champagne ahead of time (1 part juice to 1 part champagne) and store covered in an airtight pitcher 90 minutes ahead of serving. Don’t do this too far in advance as the champagne will lose its effervescence. Also, pouring champagne multiple times will cause the champagne to go flat faster.
- DON’T: Put your champagne in the freezer to chill it “quickly.” I’ve seen too many forgotten champagne bottles that exploded into the ice box.
- For disposable champagne glasses, purchase these Party Essentials 5-oz champagne flutes. Other brands are not good quality and will leak your precious cocktail! These are the best quality for the price.
Do you have any favorite cocktail recipes for parties? Are they as pretty as this? Even better looking? Let me know in the comments!
Download Recipe: How to Make Champagne Sunrise Cocktails
Let’s Be Social