Happy (almost) 4th of July! Here’s to barbecues, fireworks, and shortened work weeks (for you 9-5 folks). My mom’s birthday is July 3, my husband’s family has a reunion in the Finger Lakes every year, and I L.O.V.E fireworks, so this holiday is pretty special to me. Thusly, I’ve rounded up some event ideas for this week’s post.
On with the party…
M E N U
- Wedding Chicken by Bon Appetit (so delicious and prep can be done the night before.) Serve with Rice Pilaf or …
- Spicy Honey-Glazed Parsnips by Bon Appetit
- Corn, Avocado, Green Onion Salad by Ina Garten
T A B L E T O P
- Preppy Kate Spade Navy polka dot table linen
- Red Fiesta Plates
- Red Striped Beverage Napkins
- Blue Striped Paper Straws – store them in a mason jar for a rustic touch
D E C O R
- Preperie patriotic banner
- Spray paint the grass with stars – so fun
- Red, White, Blue Flowerpots
- Patriotic Paper Lanterns – I love any opportunity to use lanterns!
For more ideas, check out the Preperie Pinterest ideas board. What will you be doing to celebrate America this weekend?