Hello out there! If you read any of my bio, you would know that I’m in the process of launching an Etsy shop. However, I have no idea what I’m doing and it’s scary! I read this great article on Handmadeology, which has been great getting organized, but made me realize there is a TON to do. Add the housework and keeping up with an almost 8-month old, and it’s overwhelming. So I’m going to write a “listicle” with the reasons why I’m doing this to remind myself for the future.
- My daughter. She’s amazing and this venture is going to allow me to spend more time with her while having a flexible work schedule (or I hope so!).
- Mommy needs a creative outlet to balance the housework
- I LOVE playing with fonts, design, and layout, so it’s not really work.
- I miss planning events. I want to be able to give back and help others with their special moments.
- I want to live the Preperie life [smart shortcuts that allow us to celebrate and relish life’s special events]
Now I’m off to work on my mission statement… I should take some of my advice and figure out a way to prep these posts faster and more efficiently.
For all the “work-at-home” moms and dads, how do you stay organized and on top of everything?
PS – I love puns. Don’t be surprised if I drop some on you via post. Feel free to send them my way!